Who We Are
Gavin™ is an award-winning boutique brand communications agency, providing robust public relations and marketing services serving clients regionally and nationally. We strive to create an exciting, challenging and rewarding work environment that allows you to feel fulfilled, creative, and part of something bigger. Our team is built on a “We Culture” philosophy – meaning we work as a team, we solve problems together, we nurture great talent and leadership skills, and we build the team we want to share success with for the long term. Your role in our business is essential to our success.
We are a team of 25+, serving clients in healthcare, education, government, consumer and business services.
Our office is headquartered in York, Pennsylvania with locations in Harrisburg and Lancaster Pennsylvania. This position requires the Office Manager to work onsite in our York office Monday-Friday during our standard hours of operation 8:15am – 5:15pm.
We encourage growth from within. We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent in every aspect to grow with our team. This position allows for upward mobility and advancement with proven ability and contributions to agency growth and success.
Your Role at Gavin
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for overseeing and supporting the day-to-day operations of the agency and the office environment. This role is responsible for ensuring that all administrative and operational support activities are carried out efficiently and effectively to ensure the office functions smoothly.
This person must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, experience assisting teammates on operational office procedures, and gain familiarization with (project management) management software to support team success and quality controls. You will play an important role in implementing and supporting operational procedures to support team and office efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Employee/Departmental Relations
- Assist with the scheduling of team training, including project management software training, staff lunch and learns for interdepartmental knowledge sharing, etc. to foster team skill development
- Coordinate vendor relationships and monitor proper paperwork filing
- Develop/facilitate Team Culture activities for onsite and remote staff
- Ensure/promote team engagement through virtual and onsite events and meetings
- Facilitate weekly and monthly all-staff meetings, ensuring coordination of agendas and scheduling for team gatherings to ensure departments are reporting out and teammates have all necessary tools to participate
- Team annual out-off-office anniversary event planning
- Operational Support
- Assist with and schedule new-employee onboarding with the appropriate point of contact and follow-up training on the agency’s operational policies and procedures and internal project management software
- Oversee and maintain all of the agency’s electronic file structure(s); train staff on best practices accordingly to create consistent digital file management
- Assist with general team recruitment activities to include coordination of job postings and interview scheduling
- Administration of Office 365 operational calendars, user set-ups, email distribution lists, and security
- Manage agency’s business certifications and subsequent renewal process
- Oversee and perform basic IT services, training, troubleshooting and new employee set-up. Function as liaison between internal team and outsourced IT service provider, as needed for more technical agency IT support and management of IT resources
- Assist with proposal development needed
- General Office Functions
- Ensure the office experience for guests meets Gavin’s brand experience
- Manages phone system, automated answering systems and incoming calls to ensure live calls are connected with correct department/team member
- Prep office and conference rooms for client visits and team meetings
- Organize and supervise general office supply needs and inventory
- Place orders for general office supply needs while staying within budgetary constraints
- Function as a liaison with partners/vendors/suppliers while developing and maintain positive relationships
- Oversee and coordinate building management and maintenance needs to ensure indoors and outdoors are always neat and tidy
- Ensure the office (including remote teams) has adequate and suitable resources to operate efficiently (people, material, equipment)
- Manage agency-branded inventory (employee gifts, client gifts, etc.)
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant in a professional office environment
- Experience training or educating teammates on standard office and operating procedures
- Proficient use of MAC computers, as our office is MAC-based
- If not, training is provided
- Proficient in MS Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point); demonstrated ability to learn new software platforms quickly
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Unparalleled flexibility
- Strong organizational skills; proven ability to follow through on task completion
- Positive team attitude
- Experience working with project management software is a plus
Gavin™ offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, medical benefits, company-paid short-term disability and life insurance, access to a retirement plan with company match, the flexibility to work remotely, and yes… even your birthday off!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Gavin ™ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation, and training. We seek to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws related to discrimination.
Gavin™ makes decisions concerning employment-based strictly on business needs and an individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the job under consideration, the comparative qualifications and abilities of other applicants or employees, and the individual’s past performance within the organization.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.