Director – Web Services
Gavin™ is a fast growing, award-winning full-service boutique brand communications agency located in Central PA serving clients in healthcare, education, government, finance, and business services across the US. Named a Top 50 Fastest Growing Company and Top 250 Private Company in the region, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and being an employer of choice. This position offers a work-remote option, requiring that the Director – Web Services come to the office and client’s locations for key meetings and events as necessary.
The Director – Web Services is part of the Digital Department, made up of two service areas (web services and digital advertising). The Director – Web Services leads the agency’s web services in industry best practices relating to website hosting, coding, and development of complete website builds, ADA/WCAG compliance, site performance, front and backend SEO, etc. The Director – Web Services will oversee a digital web services team made up digital project managers, full stack developers, front-end coders and SEO specialists.
The Director – Web Services is part of a growing team of skilled digital marketers, working to advance the digital marketing team’s skills through expert guidance and mentorship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs and manages new website builds, optimization, and current client website update project requests
- Oversees team of coders and developers to ensure agency website hosting environment meets the highest quality for performance and security, supported by our hosting manager
- May perform backend development and management of CMS for sites to support team capacity when necessary
- Directs and performs coding in various languages, with emphasis in WordPress platforms or others as the agency determines
- Ensures website builds are managed on time and within budget, directing the account teams to work efficiently, monitor budgets and client communications
- Conducts thorough assessments on website performance of all client sites to stay ahead of industry changes and ensuring high performance sites using best in class SEO and site management practices
- Ensures that the overall infrastructure of agency web services is secure and efficient, meeting or exceeding industry best practices and is forward looking
- Develops and manages all website project proposals, including project estimating and client follow-up
- Directs account team by site build and project to meet client expectations, managing workflow and scheduling within capacity and budget
- Directs team to properly assess client needs, goals, and target audiences to devise website build and management strategies to support key performance indicators and user experiences in support of client goals
- Guides team and client through strategic review and assessment of target audience conversion journeys to advance client goals through web services
- Directs and implements SEO efforts, site audits, performance implementations, etc. producing analytic and performance reports
- Oversees all testing within campaign projects such as landing pages, conversion tracking
- Direct and implement site tracking and performance measures, inclusive of managing and accessing performance reports ongoing
- Manages client relationships with project managers, inclusive of upselling and directing account objectives
- Directs and oversees integration of third-party software, plug-ins and other resources as necessary
- Research digital products, services, tools and current strategies to identify opportunities to deliver the best digitally strategic outcomes for clients
- Analyze web traffic metrics and suggest solutions to support client goals
- Direct and perform account set-up functions utilizing Google Optimize, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Console
- Stays abreast of all industry standards for digital performance while advancing agency offering for website services, hosting and SEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in web design, coding or development, preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience specific to website development, coding, SEO/SEM, web front and back-end
- Working knowledge of MS office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Solution-oriented and able to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to manage high stress situations; remain calm under pressure
- Agency experience preferred
Gavin™ offers a competitive benefit package including paid time off, medical benefits, company-paid short-term disability and life insurance, access to a retirement plan with company match, the flexibility to work remotely and yes… even your birthday off!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Gavin ™ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation, and training. We seek to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws related to discrimination.
Gavin™ makes decisions concerning employment based strictly on business needs and an individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the job under consideration, the comparative qualifications and abilities of other applicants or employees, and the individual’s past performance within the organization.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected]
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.